Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Dear Nurse Who Cleared the NICU

Yesterday was exactly one year since the day I met you. I will never forget that day.

You had not spent one minute with me, but you had met my husband and you had spent hours taking care of my daughter.

You cared about me and you loved my family before I ever met you, and you took the initiative to do something for me, a complete stranger, that led to a life altering moment.

You cleared the NICU.

You set up an incredibly perfect and private moment and walked me to the unit to see my daughter for the first time...

...off the ventilator!

How special that surprise was to me!

You knew what that would mean to a momma who was worried about her baby girl, who was terrified to see her with those tubes in her mouth, not knowing how long they would be there or if we would get to know her without them.

You knew I needed that moment alone with my husband and baby and you made it happen.

You rocked my world that night and you painted a picture of Christ's love for me, someone who was deeply loved by Him before I even knew Him. Someone He set up a perfect moment for, a moment that would change everything... a moment that would make me His daughter!

I thank you for loving us since day one and for revealing Christ to me in days that were filled with fear and tears.

I pray that you will continue to be used in the lives of momma's who walk through those scary doors into the NICU, and that your sweet heart would bring comfort as you love on those tiny babies the way you loved on ours.

You will never be forgotten in this house, my friend!


**this post is part of a seven week series of 'letters' to people, events and things that were part of the life transforming work God did in our lives during Mercy's stay in the NICU - for more on our growth in the NICU, check out our CaringBridge page**

No comments:

Post a Comment