Pages

Monday, December 13, 2004

no snow in the valley


"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will."
Romans 12:1-2

it snowed in the mountains last weekend..... but we didn't get any snow in the valley..... as you can clearly see in the picture.... however, it did rain all week... and when it rains it pours.... and hails........ a lot..... it's been probably the worst couple of weeks i can remember having ever, and it's taken all the strength that God has given me to get through...... but everytime i start feeling ok, something new happens, and i start feeling worse again..... i am full of anger and bitterness, and i don't know what use i am to God when all i feel is anger... i would much rather be with Him, and Jessi, and Arissa..... but for some reason i'm not, and all i can do is trust God to lead me through the torrential downpour, even when it seems unfair to have been led into it...... but here i am, dodging lightning bolts, and waiting for the tornado to lift me up and take me away to be with Jesus..... the hardest thing for me to do is trust Him, because i don't understand all that's going on right now...... but Proverbs says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding..." so that's what i'll do....... i'm gonna walk blindly with Him, and trust Him..... He's given me such strength the last two weeks... more strength than i thought was possible for this weak body to ever encompass....but He makes me walk on water in raging storms.... all i have to do is keep my eyes focused on Him and not on the storms surrounding me.... pray that i have continued strength to do this.... and pray that i will be released from the grip that this anger has on me....... i've been pretty mad before... but i don't think i've ever felt anger like i do right now, and i don't know how to handel it or how to get rid of it...... i can't get rid of it, but God can take it away from me if i give it to Him..... pray that i can let go of it.......... i don't know what God is doing in my life right now, but trust is a huge necessity..... pray that i will have a renewed faith and a renewed trust daily......

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
-Romans 12:12

that was yesterday... and get this! it snowed in the valley tonight!!!!! and it's still snowing! the snow is a reminder to me that God's love is unfailing, and it's not always gonna be rain and hail.... wow! i had a terrible weekend, and last nigt we broke the news to the girls that our laurel ridge family is separating.... it was sad... it was really hard, we all cried, and then we had a slumber party, and all slept in the living room in front of the fireplace..... it was a really great end to such a sad night.... and this morning abby and i decided we weren't going to let these kids or ourselves be depressed all day, so we declared december 13 "don't bend your knees day"... wow! we had so much fun! i don't think the 8 of us have laughed so much in one day the whole time we've been here! so tomorrow is "double speak day" and wednesday is "don't use your thumbs day"..... we're gonna make it through this, and we're gonna use the gift of laughter that God gave us to do it..... i still have all the same prayer needs, and i'm still struggling with anger, but i'll never forget that in my darkest hours, God sent snow to the valley.... and even though people don't always follow His will for their lives, even when it's as clear as daylight, and clearly laid out in the scriptures, He is unfailing, and works for the good of those who love Him.... what an awesome God!

thank you all for your love and support! they all say "never say never" but i will definitely NEVER forget how wonderful you all are and how much you've done for me!!! and i have no hesitation in using that word! i hope i get to see as many of you as i can this Christmas! i said i wasn't gonna send another e-mail, but apparently i lied...... and who knows what the next 4 days hold for me... wow, i feel like i've bombarded y'all with emails the last 2 weeks! this is crazy! (i'm being a yenta....) i love y'all!!

His,
Anna Kathryn

"I thank my God everytime I remember you.
In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy."
-Philippians 1:3-4

"you and i... we will be ok..."
--corrie (in my cell as I AM WONDERFUL) i love you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment